Why Leaving Water Damage Untreated is Always a Bad Idea
Leaving water damage untreated can be a very costly mistake down the road. It can damage materials and lower the value of your home. Besides damaging your property, it can also cause some health risks. Even a small water leak that isn’t properly dealt with can turn into a major issue causing thousands of dollars in damage. When you have a water loss or water intrusion it is important to assess the situation and deal with it in a timely manner. Below we are going to talk about what can happen when water damage goes untreated.
- Important to do it sooner than later
- Dealing with the situation immediately rather than waiting a few days can help restore your materials instead of replacing them. Water can break down dry wall, carpet, and rot wood. In most cases when you are proactive you can restore vs replace which will help save money during the process.
- Prevent mold from growing
- Wet drywall is a breeding ground for mold growth if left untouched after water damage. When dry wall gets wet it becomes weak, warps, and discolors over time. After dry wall has sat in water for a period of time the only way to fix it is cut out the affected sections and replace them. If completely left untouched after a major loss, mold will grow and will only get worse over time which can be a major health hazard for you and your family.
- Lower value of home
- Not only will water damage lower the value of your home but is a major turn off to buyers as well. Inspectors will spot and document water damage if not already documented. Buyers will also assume that you haven’t taken care of the house and could be a possible liability to buy.
As water damage specialists, we have the experience, expertise, and advanced training that enables us to get your property dried quickly and thoroughly. We use scientific drying principles and provide validation and documentation that your property is dry and the job is complete.
Have Water or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today – (402) 800-2134