National Fire Prevention Month
October is fire prevention month, it is recognized in the United States and Canada to raise awareness about fire safety. During this month the goal is to educate families, communities, and students across the country. It also encourages families to review their emergency escape plans and check fire alarms.
- 3 of every 5 home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no working smoke alarms
- Less than50% of homeowners have an escape plan
- Carbon monoxide (CO) is the #1 cause of accidental death
- 60% of consumers do not test their smoke and CO alarms monthly*
- Only 47% of people report having CO alarms in their home
- Just 43% of homeowners have an escape plan*
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (402) 800-2134